Sunday 14 July 2013

Present to Let Go

It was a beautiful summer evening. Spontaneously I seized the moment and chose to journey to a place I loved. My mind filled with lightness, a sense of daring and adventure...  My heart and my head tingled with gratitude as I drove and finally arrived in familiar territory. I parked the car and navigated through a myriad of colourful characters, enjoyed a vanilla latte and sauntered toward my anticipated destination.

Finally, I stood outside...and to my surprise, I stood before a vacated property.  What I had looked forward to and longed for, no longer existed! I was face to face with emptiness.  Laughter, disbelief, sadness~ the irony of it all washed over me. The Universe, I thought, has a real twisted sense of humour...yet, it was exactly what I needed. (Isn't it always?  lol)

My first response was to walk around, wondering what this was all about.  As my head busily calculated options, scenarios and reasons,  my body marched forward... Distracted in the mind's doing, my being awoke to feeling lost.  All reactions and attachments to the expectations I had brought with me vanished. Instead, I became fully engaged in the present moment. All of me was on fire!  Fully awake and feeling the energetic impact of the people and the movement around me. I connected to the flow within me and experienced a sense of being part of everyone.

I was mesmerised. I watched the people around me move, interact, engage in their plays, in their stories, in their lives. While I watched, I caught glimpses of myself being seen by passers-by. The eyes, the many faces, silently spoke to me. I witnessed myself feel what I loved, what I feared, what I desired and what I judged all simultaneously. I felt their pain, their excitement, their insecurities and so much more... all within me, simultaneously.  Soon, the sea of people parted and I found my way back to my arrival point. The car door opened and let me in to what was familiar and concrete. What had begun as an escapade had transformed into a self-realizing journey.

As I headed home, I saw glimpses of my past, feeling the familiar penetrate my present moment. That is when the phone rang. The call, the conversation, somehow completed the journey. All had come full circle. The gift? Every detail, every circumstance, every person created the space so I could let everything go~the past, the desires, the attachments...There were so many insights! The innerLife work continues... :-)

 Life is truly magical and ever-present.

Feeling Blessed,

HeartSong

No comments:

Post a Comment